Or, as the Italians say: "Spaghetti with eggplant and zucchini sauce"
- 1 zucchini
- 1 vanata
- 2 tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- salt, vegeta, pepper, paprika
- green basil, thyme, bay leaf, parsley
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Spaghetti in sauce, with eggplant and pumpkin:
Zucchini and eggplant, peel and cut into larger cubes.
The eggplant can also be left with the peel.
Then fry in 2 tablespoons oil until soft. Salt and pepper.
Separately, heat in a tablespoon of oil, sliced garlic and sliced hot pepper.
Add the tomatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes, a bay leaf, paprika.
Calm for 4-5 minutes.
The sauce obtained, we pour it over the eggplants and zucchini cooked earlier.
Add salt, vegeta, thyme green basil-to taste.
Let it warm for 1-2 minutes. and we stop the fire.
Boil the pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes
We drain them and rinse them with more cold water. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and a little basil and green parsley and mix.
Serve the pasta with hot eggplant and pumpkin sauce.
Only good food for a day of fasting!
Method of preparation:
You need a tray with a size of 33X23, greased with a little butter or olive oil.
Eggplants should be peeled and cut into slices (circular) with a thickness of about 1 cm thick, sprinkle with salt and let the bitterness drain for almost 1 hour. After this time they are passed through a jet of water and dried with absorbent paper.
After they are well dried, bake in a grill pan.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
Cook the onion with 2-3 tablespoons of oil, until it becomes glassy and then add the garlic and minced meat. Stir until the meat is done and add salt, pepper, thyme and tomato sauce. All this is simmered until the tomato sauce decreases.
In a tray greased with butter / oil put a layer of eggplant and put half of the meat composition over it. Place the zucchini slices (given in flour or breadcrumbs) and add the rest of the meat. Put the remaining eggplant over the meat.
Beat eggs and mix with sour cream or fatty yogurt, salt, pepper and pour over the composition in the pan.
Place the tray in the hot oven at 180 degrees and bake for 45-50 minutes.
After this time, remove and leave to cool for a few minutes. Serve while hot.
Grilled pumpkin sauce (eggplant)
If it didn't lack an essential ingredient - parmesan - we could even call it pesto. As it is produced only from raw materials of a vegetable nature, we will simply baptize it, S.O.S. An easy to prepare sauce, from a few components, the vast majority at hand.
What do you need?
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley
- ½ dill connection
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic
- A small sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts (found at Plafar or in health food stores, but also in the hypermarket) raw or lightly browned in a pan without oil
- 5 - 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper - to taste.
How do you proceed?
- First wash the greens well and then drain the excess water (you can squeeze them easily)
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice it
- Blend the pine seeds together with the garlic and thyme
- Add the parsley, then the dill and mix until smooth
- In the paste thus obtained add the lemon juice and oil, then mix again until completely incorporated.
- Finally match the taste of salt and pepper.
This sauce goes very well with zucchini or eggplant sliced and browned on the grill, or in the grill pan. You can prepare it the day before going out to the green grass, keeping it in the refrigerator in a closed jar with a lid.
Have fun and see you healthy again!
Ingredients Eggplant "à la parmigiana" & # 8211 eggplant with parmesan
- 1 & # 8211 1,2 kilograms of eggplant of medium size and elongated shape
- 120 grams of ripe Parmesan cheese, grated through a small grater
- 450 grams of mozzarella (I used a drier mozzarella, not from the very fresh one, but it fits perfectly too)
- 1.2 kilograms of well-ripened, fleshy tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion (about 60-70 grams)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 large basil leaves
- eggplant flour (about 4 tablespoons)
- vegetable oil for frying eggplant (about 300 ml) and pepper to taste
Preparation Eggplant "à la parmigiana" & # 8211 eggplant with parmesan
1. Wash the eggplants well, toss with a kitchen towel and cut lengthwise into slices about 3-4 mm thick. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with salt and put them on top of each other in a sieve, leaving them for at least 30 minutes (ideally an hour) to remove from the water.
2. Wash the washed tomatoes a little and then dip them in a saucepan with hot water for 30 seconds-1 minute. Immediately remove them with a whisk and put them in a bowl with very cold water, then the skin will peel slightly. Chop the peeled tomatoes into cubes and collect them in a bowl, so as not to lose the juice they leave.
3. Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Over medium heat, heat a large, roomy skillet and add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then the onion and garlic. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sauté the onion over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to become translucent.
4. Add the diced tomatoes together with the juice they have left in the pan. Reduce heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 30 minutes, checking from time to time not to dehydrate the sauce too much and (possibly) filling with 2-3 tablespoons of hot water.
5. In the meantime, the eggplants must have been filled with beads of liquid on the surface. Rinse under running cold water, gently squeeze to squeeze a little and then squeeze between paper towels.
6. Prepare a tray by laying with paper towels. Put a pan on the fire and heat well. Add the vegetable oil. Roll out the eggplant slices, shake off the excess flour well and one by one, without squeezing too many slices at once in the pan, fry the eggplants until golden on both sides, then remove them to the tray with absorbent paper to drain the oil from the surface.
7. Meanwhile, the tomato sauce should be ready. Turn off the heat, add the diced basil and match the salty and peppery taste.
8. Start the oven and set it at 200 degrees Celsius, then we can proceed to the assembly of the preparation:
Assembling Eggplant "à la parmigiana" & # 8211 eggplant with parmesan
1. In a deep pan, suitable for oven & # 8211 ceramic, embarrassment, enameled metal etc & # 8211 with dimensions of about 18 & # 21528 cm, put 2-3 good tablespoons of tomato sauce and spread with the back of the spoon on the bottom of the tray.
2. Continue with a layer of eggplant slices arranged longitudinally in the tray, next to each other, over which we will lightly press with the palms.
3. Grease the eggplant slices with a thin layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. On top of the parmesan, put the melted cheese, in my case mozzarella cut into thin slices, which, however, can also be added in the form of cubes or broken into pieces, if you use fresh mozzarella, from the wet one.
5. Continue in the same order until the ingredients are exhausted (I got 4 layers of eggplant with layers of cheese between them), lightly pressing with the palms after each layer of eggplant added. Finally, on top of the last layer of eggplant, distribute all the remaining tomato sauce, continue with a last layer of mozzarella and we will end up sprinkling with grated Parmesan (so we will reverse the order of the cheeses to this last layer).
Eggplant "à la parmigiana" & # 8211 eggplant with parmesan & # 8211 baking
Bake the prepared tray as shown above in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, during which time the cheese will melt beautifully and the top layer will brown. With all the superb smell, which will actually make us cry with lust, my recommendation is to wait for 15 minutes for the food to rest and cool down a bit, we will feel its taste more intensely and we will be able to portion it easier.
What is Spaghetti Pumpkin
Spaghetti pumpkin is a fruit that belongs to the Cucurbita family. This also includes normal pumpkin, melon and cucumber. The color of its skin and flesh is yellow / orange and has many large seeds in the middle.
Although it is often called a pumpkin, it is somewhat different in shape and taste.
The spaghetti pumpkin is smaller, with a low water content and a denser interior. This makes it tastier and full of flavor.
It is also sweeter than normal pumpkin and according to Yotam Ottolenghi is much more versatile because you can make it creamy, spicy, sweet, or crunchy.
Now that we know what it is, let's see how it is served.
- 1 kg of eggplant
- 2 zucchini
INGREDIENTS eggplant and zucchini with baked vegetables
Check the ingredients as you put them in the shopping cart.
500 g eggplant
200 g of zucchini or zucchini
150 g leeks
20 g of garlic
120 g capsicum
250 g tomatoes
80 g of olive oil
50 g breadcrumbs
200 g of dried mozzarella
100 g smoked cheese
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper